User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Front Lines

Battle Record
    9-3

Front Lines

Okay...

I've been looking through front lines and checking out the verses dropped and reading the votes that follow. Anyone that says text is wack, dead or whatever negative against it is wrong. Text or anyones written word is first and foremost when developing a recorded track mixed, edited and mastered, etc. I understand that internet text emcees have somewhat a different philosophy of what should and should not be included into the making of textual battle raps. A textual battle rap is often left to the eyes of the one that is reading and interpreting the vision of the battle rapper or author of whatever is posted. The criteria that many seem to be aware of are as follows:

- Flow
    - Punch lines
    - Word play
    - Metaphors
    - Multies
    - Personals
    - Filler

* Structure

Flow is actually not as important as some of the others but it is needed to guide bars from one to another or else you'll be left with nothing but individual 1-2 liners/bars that do not complete an overall well written verse.

Punch lines are intended to humiliate the contender by using a unique way of creating comedy, ridicule, sarcasm, and facetiousness etc. while combining most of the other fundamentals, i.e. word play etc.

Word play is literally a play on words; when you can flip things/words around and make sense out of what many people consider to be nonsense or perpetual verbiage... You can use word to describe words or meanings that would normally be represented by another word/description in by normal means... I fucking love word play. It's Hip Hop down to the cypher.

Metaphors are when you say something is like or in comparison to something similar. It’s basically same description different words, same definition with a lack of absolute relation.

I'm drunk now so I'm going to speed this up lol...

Multies are multiple syllable rhymes.

Personals should be self-explanatory and common sense

Filler is 1-2 flow dr. suess type shit or self-glorification and blah.

Structure is complicated because you are trying to lay out this perfectly structured rhyme from your own view... and then that fucker can't understand, So, It's best to go with an easy bar/line 1-2 style format ........

if anyone has anything to add or if they disagree unanimously on something I have stated, feel free to comment and discuss about what is and what isn't. I took little time on this and the reason behind it has already been said.

Anyway.. Don't vote with the mind of what you think you can do better in comparison to the two people battling... Some of these front line votes are garbage and self centered. Take your love of self out of the vote of two other people battling... That's all

peace, Stay up.....
    Last edited by Dirty Shanks; January 5th, 2014 at 08:29 AM
    Masked & Murderous

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Super Saiyan Badass Child-Raising Badass's Avatar
    Battle Record
    7-11
    Awards Biter Award - Biting Juelz Santana

Re: Front Lines

how the hell u drunk 8:30 in the morns?
    Badass.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    9-3

Quote Originally Posted by Child-Raising Badass View Post
    how the hell u drunk 8:30 in the morns?
    It was 6:30am, long night
    Masked & Murderous

Battle Record
    1-1

No, he means how do you drunk. He doesn't understand the chemical process that occurs when one quaffs a beverage of alcoholic nature.
    [youtube]3JWXNPaLSkA[/youtube]

you know I wanna feel special

MCL

Battle Record
    20-6

why was this thread needed in the lounge again?
    Always Impervious an Axis Power.

Supermod Me.

Battle Record
    9-3

For obvious reasons
    Masked & Murderous