Thread: Freestyle or not?

Battle Record
    7-1

Re: Freestyle or not?

yea...it's an auto tune app...

shit's pretty fucking neat actually..

IamTpain..

use his trademarked auto tune sound...

i plugged in my iphone directly into my laptop via the mic output and shit recorded lol

Battle Record
    13-5
    Awards Legendary Member Legendary Battle Legendary OM OM HOF

Lol that`s crazy. I needa get an iphone.

A.i

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

*Click one of ^those to check out my music and shit

Battle Record
    7-1

they're only like 70 bucks now...no excuse!

Battle Record
    0-2

i think of a freestyle as using someones beat n spitting random shit on it...but mine are normally pre-written...its really just some flow...cuz its not a REMIX...nor is it a song...its just some random shit...
    I cannot list all of my best lines inside this signature
    because they number in the tens of thousands.

Back at it like an addict Dre Mack Musick's Avatar

smh...the fact that u even have to ask this question is why hip-hop/rap is in its current state...
    GRINDHOUSE SHUN!
    Hoe'n Ya Life(Diss to -Key-)
    [SOUNDCLICK]9991677[/SOUNDCLICK]
    [YOUTUBE]esNW3doH-0U[/YOUTUBE]
    ---- My Fam ----
    That Guy - That Guy ft. 45th

Freestyle is unscripted and impromptu. Period.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

xbl i N0eSk0ped JFK

Battle Record
    8-2

Arrow Re: Freestyle or not?

Quote Originally Posted by The Archetype View Post
    lmao @ your sig... but a freestyle is basically when you zone out and are spitting w/o really knowing what's coming a line or 2 ahead
    i'll expand on this, since one of rap's most notable pioneers, KRS One, explained that a freestyle is a written verse that you have memorized but nobody has heard it before, and you spit it on some "new shit" type of profilin'..

^^ thats cool, i keep a verse in my back pocket (as in back pocket = memorized..Saint Pete shit!)..so i always got somethin' for those who aint really into rap, but just want to be amazed by me bustin' a verse off get..i got mad verses memorized..

But i also gets in the cypher on the reg - where theres more Hip Hop conscious people, and their idea of the freestyle is the same as Arch's..which is also my true idea of a freestyle..and i bust those proper..ask anyone here whos heard me rip on freestyle madness..

i think these days its more known that what KRS One was talkin' 'bout is now referred to as the "freeverse"..a verse you bust just to bust it..its not ever gunna see a track, so you flip to either keep your blades sharp, or merely just to profile..

i for one, suggest you have the ability to do both very well, from the perspective of my arena of course..

..Never Stop Searching.. The Incredible Hulk's Avatar
    Battle Record
    70-9
    Awards 50+ Wins

jAQ,SUCK MY DICK,or your dead grandads...either way i dont care...say something which has decent inpunt,you fucking plum..

and lol@pk walla's pic

Battle Record
    17-14

freestyling is spitting off the top, not premeditated or written rhymes.

Battle Record
    17-14

Quote Originally Posted by Skiddz View Post
    but isn't that a freestyle... even if you wrote it and memorized it your spitting a 16 off the top of your head. And what alot of rappers do is go around with one verse and spit it where they make appearances. with the internet its not as easy but I dont think a freestyle has to be necessarily thought of on the spot.

clearly, you don't know the definition of off-the top

..Never Stop Searching.. The Incredible Hulk's Avatar
    Battle Record
    70-9
    Awards 50+ Wins

Off the top is if i said to you right...

rap about stuff in the kitchen...then 20 seconds later said....stuff about cars

and keep changing it etc..eminem did something similiar on a radio station once,where the guy was giving him random words every 10 seconds

Battle Record
    1-1

freestyles imo are off top of the dome..
    not knowing what u gonna say, just zonin' out..
    you can tell when someone freestyles most the time..

[YOUTUBE]huERok8y-Oo[/YOUTUBE]

Battle Record
    18-13

Always off the top.. the only time you should have to think at all is when you are next in the cypher, and you get a few good opening lines.

People that spit writtens are just afraid, or they just aint that good at free'ing, which is fine, but when I'm coming with a FREE then don't act like you a better freestylist and spit your damn written shit to try an impress somebody, because then I'm going to start riding right the fuck over you.
    The Legion

HoF x5