User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Don't Remember Me feat. Day Dreamer [prod by Ocean Beats]

You've earned a custom title! Cody Nash's Avatar
    Battle Record
    242-30
    Awards LLL HOF PS Champion/IE Champion Legendary OM Legendary Member SS Season Champion SS HW Champion OM HOF FL Champion 200+ Wins Haiku Season Champion

Don't Remember Me feat. Day Dreamer [prod by Ocean Beats]

This was one I wrote about a client I use to care for at work. He passed away a couple of years back but this was written from what I perceived as his own perspective as his caregiver. He was a schizophrenic man that believed the world was at odds with him and had a huge struggle with God and the Devil going on in his mind at all times. He use to watch Forest Gump on a loop like 20x a day and refused to go outside for very long. He came from the street in Portland and was fried off acid and meth use for most of his early years and ended up in a group home with me for 6 years taking care of him before he eventually passed. I miss the man and this was a track I made for him.

Mixed by Cryptic Mitch of THEM
    Cover art by Soule' (thanks buddy)

I'm releasing a track every tuesday and friday before New Years Eve when my Winner's Club Volume 1 Mixtape drops for everybody to bump. Enjoy!

Links:
    Ragian (1st rap song) - http://rapbattles.com/forum/showthre...io-and-lyrics)
    DJB (RETURNING TO RAPBATTLES) - http://rapbattles.com/forum/showthre...4-Homeland-DJB

Re: Don't Remember Me feat. Day Dreamer [prod by Ocean Beats]

Listening,

guitar riff at the beginning of the beat has an almost pop punk vibe to it - I definitely get those vibes.

Can tell Cryptic mixed this haha, he's really good at creating a polished sound with his own fingerprints all over it. The melodies are nice and the tuning isn't obnoxious. I like the really reverby doubles. Lyrics are nice and reflective.

The hook is dope! I think a way to step it up a notch would be to do some "crowd" or "gang" vocals on it to make it sound like a large audience singing it. Think that would work really well.

This was nice man - loved the chill, reminiscing vibe. RIP.
    I love meaty dicks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Soule

Listening,

guitar riff at the beginning of the beat has an almost pop punk vibe to it - I definitely get those vibes.

Can tell Cryptic mixed this haha, he's really good at creating a polished sound with his own fingerprints all over it. The melodies are nice and the tuning isn't obnoxious. I like the really reverby doubles. Lyrics are nice and reflective.

The hook is dope! I think a way to step it up a notch would be to do some "crowd" or "gang" vocals on it to make it sound like a large audience singing it. Think that would work really well.

This was nice man - loved the chill, reminiscing vibe. RIP.

Battle Record
    13-5
    Awards Legendary Member Legendary Battle Legendary OM OM HOF

Ay, this is definitely a vibe. Some relatable feelings. Your singing is hitting for the most part too. A few notes I heard slip that I noticed because of how smooth the rest off. But that's just me being picky. I can picture this being done live. Dope.

A.i

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

*Click one of ^those to check out my music and shit

I like the guitar in this track and the emotion is really noticeable on this track from you. I like the content as well being someone who has dealt with family who are neurodivergent and even I suffer from it to some degree. So seeing people make songs that don't villify those with mental problems and rather celebrate them for who they are makes me happy to see. I am sure you meant a lot to this person even if maybe they weren't always there never underestimate how much you can impact someone. I fuck with this song fam, I know I haven't talked much about the lyrics themselves but the emotion and content is all that needs to be said in my opinion. Awesome track bro I really like this song and I'm glad you made a song like this