User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Showing results 31 to 45 of 104

Thread: Sony and PSN hacked.

Battle Record
    1-1

Re: Sony and PSN hacked.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Black View Post
    As for protecting themselves, gtfo. Quo, tell me why they would need my IP adress to protect themselves? How would having millions of IP's of people who MAY HAVE watched a video that this guy posted protect Sony? Not to mention that you didn't even have to watch a video about the Playstation, yet they have your IP. That's retarded.

It's a bullshit invasion of privacy. What I watch on youtube is my damn business.
    do you not think they don't have your IP address every time you play on PSN ? if you think they don't you should review the service agreements that you agreed to. fact is, they've had your, mine, and anyone else's IP as soon as they logged in. they want the IPs so they can identify who is in on this. that is it. they are trying to pinpoint the trouble makers and i don't mind that at all. but it's kinda crazy that you think so much of an IP address lmao. what are they gonna do ? send you a letter ? come on man you're being ridiculous still.

Battle Record
    1-1

Quote Originally Posted by Diomedes' Love Child View Post
    I believe you can run another os without worrying about legal ramifications; in fact, I know many people who run linux on their ps. The problem is altering the PS os, which is against agreement you make when purchasing.

Again, I could be making shit up, but that's how I see it.
    you can switch to linux on the old fat model PS3's. that is it. they took that option away when they made the slim. they decided instead of the PS3 being a computer, it's a gaming system. it's kinda gay but i have a laptop, desktop, and Droid.. i don't really need to get on my PS3 to browse the web. and all you need to do is get a media server for your computer and you can stream hulu, videos, music, etc straight to your PS3 and watch it on your TV... i can't think of anything else i'd want to do with the PS3 other then that...

Battle Record
    1-1

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Black View Post
    Quo, this is not a murder weapon or a piece of music. It's a piece of hardware. Stop it with your shitty ass analogies and discuss what everyone else is discussing.

This type of lawsuit is some shit there is no president for. People have always altered hardware & software and shared it, from DJ's with turntable setups to computers to cars. It's what people do. They tinker. They alter things they buy. They always have, and as long as a guy doesn't cheat, no big woop. If people cheat, ban them from PSN. End of story.

There is no need for Playstation to go snatch up every IP of everyone who ever viewed a video by this guy, or made any transaction with him. That's ridiculous and if you can't see that, something is wrong with you. The courts have fucked up on this one.
    Hm. do you know what a jailbreak does ? it's pirating software. no company will say it's ok for you to use their product to pirate other people's products. regardless of what it is. he didn't mod his PS.. he was making his PS capable of playing pirated games. and more so it would be a LOT easier to hack other people through a jailbreaked system. so you're saying Sony should let these guys jailbreak their system so they can play Xbox, PC, Wii, etc games on it.. then be sued by Nintendo, Microsoft, etc for allowing piracy on their system ? that would cost Sony millions... and they could NOT win those cases. that would put Sony out of business.. thousands would lose jobs and money.. all for some nerdy ass people with superiority complexes can play free games because they can't afford shit on their McDonald's wages ? come on man..

Battle Record
    12-1

so you're saying Sony should let these guys jailbreak their system so they can play Xbox, PC, Wii, etc games on it.. then be sued by Nintendo, Microsoft, etc for allowing piracy on their system ? that would cost Sony millions... and they could NOT win those cases.
    No one would win that type of case against Sony. You compared it to music. The music Industry doesn't sue computer manufacturers for pirated music. The RIAA doesn't go after HP or Microsoft. They go after the people who are stealing. This has nothing to do with Sony protecting itself.

Of course I know they have my IP. The point is, there is a difference when they associate that IP with someone they're going after, when most people who've watched a video of his on Youtube didn't do anything wrong.
    Hence Forward
    axis powers

Battle Record
    1-1

of course they don't sue the computer. they shut down the torrent sites. they shut down limewire. they shut down napster. because that was the pirated software. they can't shut down a jailbreaked playstation because it's firmware. so they go after the people who made it available to jailbreak. (think of the hackers like limewire). Sony is going after the people that are stealing lol.

and if you already know this then i'm unsure as to why you are even bringing it up. if they already have your IP then what is the harm in them obtaining it again ? lol.

Close To The Wrath Of God Brother Blue Collar's Avatar
    Battle Record
    8-9

if you didn't buy the music, or movies or whatever limewire, napster, etc. deal in then obviously u'll face legal consequences, but the ps3 is yours, it's what you've brought. if anything sony should just void warranties of those ps3 that are modded. it's the reason apple doesn't do shit about jailbroken ipods, iphones, or ipads. they can't, they legally no longer own that individual piece of equipment. now pirated software, stolen hardware, is completely different from software, and hardware you brought then modded. where the illegal shit comes in with jailbroken shit is where people take pirated software and put them on jailbroken items, such as loading snes, psone games, etc. the act of jailbreaking itself is legal but what's done afterward can be illegal.

also i would like to note there are a shitload of programmers who make entirely original programs where are free, and are put on jailbroken items that break no laws like *picks up jailbroken ipod* my skull apple theme on ipod somebody made it, and it was free.

so if you jailbreak a ps3, you're not stealing. especially if some programmers take the time to make a bunch of shit for a jailbroken ps3.

also what i think happened here is, sony is being lazy. instead of just weeding out those who jailbreak a ps3 so they can say play games they've downloaded and burned, they're just blanketing everything and everyone. but i understand why. it would cost prolly alot of money to sift to all the ps3 jailbroken users.
    Last edited by Brother Blue Collar; April 5th, 2011 at 09:46 PM
    I believe i'm making some good music, please just wait for me

[sc]https://soundcloud.com/hood-society/what-you-fear-featuring-a-cas[/sc]

Battle Record
    12-8

I agree to an extent with both side.

But if the dude violated the t's and c's then, well..fuck him. He gets what he gets. And fuck hackers too. Bunch of turd nuggets if ya ask me.

Battle Record
    26-9
    Awards PS Champion/IE Champion PC HOF PS HOF PS Season champ OM HOF Legendary PC

wish they'd fuck with something else... when I'm done with the Crysis campaign, I'm moving onto the online forum!

My Doe Flip Like Tae-Kwon Menace II Society's Avatar

I agree with Sony on this matter. The whole purpose of the jailbreak was to run pirated games. How is Sony wrong for getting upset at people trying to fuck them out of their money? So it's perfectly fine to steal now? And as for them obtaining IP addresses for the people that viewed the video they are only going after all of the sources Geohot placed the jailbreak method and the people that used it. So if you chose to jailbreak the system to run stolen games then it makes sense if you get punished.

[YouTube]VTfrbU74TdE[/YouTube]

Battle Record
    1-1

Quote Originally Posted by Abraham Lincoln View Post
    if you didn't buy the music, or movies or whatever limewire, napster, etc. deal in then obviously u'll face legal consequences, but the ps3 is yours, it's what you've brought. if anything sony should just void warranties of those ps3 that are modded. it's the reason apple doesn't do shit about jailbroken ipods, iphones, or ipads. they can't, they legally no longer own that individual piece of equipment. now pirated software, stolen hardware, is completely different from software, and hardware you brought then modded. where the illegal shit comes in with jailbroken shit is where people take pirated software and put them on jailbroken items, such as loading snes, psone games, etc. the act of jailbreaking itself is legal but what's done afterward can be illegal.

also i would like to note there are a shitload of programmers who make entirely original programs where are free, and are put on jailbroken items that break no laws like *picks up jailbroken ipod* my skull apple theme on ipod somebody made it, and it was free.

so if you jailbreak a ps3, you're not stealing. especially if some programmers take the time to make a bunch of shit for a jailbroken ps3.

also what i think happened here is, sony is being lazy. instead of just weeding out those who jailbreak a ps3 so they can say play games they've downloaded and burned, they're just blanketing everything and everyone. but i understand why. it would cost prolly alot of money to sift to all the ps3 jailbroken users.
    i agree in the sense that you should be able to do whatever you want with a system in confines of the law. i think everyone is saying that. you're saying that you should be able to jailbreak and you're not wrong until you use it to play pirated games, movies, etc right ? well tell me this.. what on earth could you do with a jailbreaked ps3 other then run pirated games/software ? and the ipod has nothing to do with this. and YES they can do something about it and are lol. they are in court over that now and it looks like in the future you will not be able to jailbreak the ipods either.. all because some geniuses decided to pirate things with it.

you can't fault someone for protecting themselves. yea it'd be fuckin awesome to play all the games in the world for free. but is it right ? hell no. it is the same as stealing regardless if it's just video games.

Battle Record
    26-5

OMFG, i cannot fucking believe i agree with quo on this.

Huskey you are a fucking idiot my friend, why did a million xbox's get remotely banned, because they were modded and accessed the xbox live service, thats well known, plus xbl can be hacked like any other service. Besides how is a DOS attack that fucking dangerous, its not like there getting access to people's billing accounts.

Just goes to show people dont read the t'c & c's. It states sony can pretty much do wtf they want, that removal of features is a possibility through FW updates, why do you think the other OS option was removed, thats why geohot jailbroke the ps3, because he was upset that they removed an option, lol big deal you can run YD on it, its still primarily a games console.

If everyone had the same outlook as you guys then there would be no games hardly released, no profit to be had for developers and publishers, just like the pc platform, it generates little profit compared to consoles, so if they get hacked and its seen as the done thing, no harm etc then were all gonna lose out.

Battle Record
    26-5

You do know Anonymous are racist geeks right, they attacked SOHH and put racist shit all on the front page, but no no go on keep supporting them. Plus even if some of them aernt racist, they all gon under the same name, there painted with the same brush.

Battle Record
    0-2

Sony should be able to protect their interests just like any other business....pirating is illegal, and if your caught, your caught, end of story...although i think going after people who simply VIEWED the video is ridiculous, and taking it further than it should be, them suing the guy who made the video, perfectly fine....

if people werent idiots, this wouldnt happen though....i have an extra Wii that i modded...and i dont connect online with it...i use it for offline purposes only....playing copied games, watching .avi/mp4 files, listening to music, etc., etc...its like a little all-in-one entertaintment system....
    not too long ago, due to Black Ops hacks, they updated the Wii's system files....and this made it to where everyone with hacks, was fucked...EVERY single hack that was out, was unusable....there was tons of people online on BO crying about it...bunch of fags....
    OH BOO HOO I CANT CHEAT!!!

on another note...that video shit kinda made me laugh....remember seeing shit like that in movies in the 80's?? now its a normal thing....lol

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    1-1

Lol this happened Monday right? I thought it was my connection.
    Didnt play for awhile.. turned on BO.. played for 15 minutes.. bam. server dead.
    For the next hour PSN was actin silly.. thought it was my modem though.
    PSN is protecting the general interests of the typical gamer, not extreme gamers.
    Hacking these games is kind of gay.. but props on hacking PSN.
    Thats some talented shit..

[YOUTUBE]_sH7mQArfas[/YOUTUBE]

Close To The Wrath Of God Brother Blue Collar's Avatar
    Battle Record
    8-9

Quote Originally Posted by WARQuotient View Post
    i agree in the sense that you should be able to do whatever you want with a system in confines of the law. i think everyone is saying that. you're saying that you should be able to jailbreak and you're not wrong until you use it to play pirated games, movies, etc right ? well tell me this.. what on earth could you do with a jailbreaked ps3 other then run pirated games/software ? and the ipod has nothing to do with this. and YES they can do something about it and are lol. they are in court over that now and it looks like in the future you will not be able to jailbreak the ipods either.. all because some geniuses decided to pirate things with it.

you can't fault someone for protecting themselves. yea it'd be fuckin awesome to play all the games in the world for free. but is it right ? hell no. it is the same as stealing regardless if it's just video games.
    they were and they lost the first decision, dunno if they still are fighting all i could find was this.......

'Under the DMCA of 2010, jailbreaking is legal in the United States, although it voids Apple's device warranty.'

things you could prolly do with an jailbroken ps3:
    wallpapers, user made themes, user made programs such as sleep timers,alarms, different os, background apps(keeps programs running in the background, while you operate in the foreground. etc. the potential for free, non-pirated software is endless, so in other words, as long it's legal, and the ps3 hard drive has the space, you can do anything with a jailbroken ps3 that you could do with a laptop, or desktop. good or bad.
    I believe i'm making some good music, please just wait for me

[sc]https://soundcloud.com/hood-society/what-you-fear-featuring-a-cas[/sc]