User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 15 of 47

Thread: If you could develop one game...

Battle Record
    26-5

If you could develop one game...

what would it be?

You could have an unlimited budget/resources etc
    Dont worry about specs and "well you'd never be able run that" type bullshit

Just basically in a perfect world, develop a perfect game, or @ least in your eyes. Doesnt have to be to everyone's taste...but whatever.

You could build on an exisiting franchise (think final fantasy for example) or a prequel/sequel or a brand new I.P. Take inspiration from other games or combine other features of games together.

This is hypothetical remember :doofy:

Ok so me....I'd wanna create an open world game...mix in different genres..Third person shooter/action adventure/MMO. (uncharted 2 mixed with gta/fallout/oblivion/fable/metal gear etc) I'd want the in-game world to be massive, even replicate our world...every street, every building, heavily populated. Loads of interaction, your character is fully customizable, clothing..everything, you could even put yourself in the game. Every decision you make would actually really have a consequence (not just two different endings).

So story/character wise...i'd probably go with an assassin/hitman type guy, an expert with explosives. Hired by various terrorists groups to carry out there dirty work. You would travel to different continents/landscapes to do your work. Your a ruthless type of guy, driven by money and greed. Of course there would be some kind of background story on yourself...a story out of many which you could choose from and how you ended up in this position. Nationality might have an effect...you might have an agenda against your own government, your own nation or another nation.

Of course i'm sure you could pick holes left, right and centre in my story/game whatever but you kinda get the jist

Also it'll be Rated 18..Lots of violence/destruction if you choose to go down that path, plus sex...lots of sex, i mean with whoever/however...cool for hosea seducing men!

Cosmic thought projection Mimic's Avatar
    Battle Record
    60-35
    Awards FL Tournament Winner 50+ Wins Haiku Champion LLL HOF

Re: If you could develop one game...

I don't know if you have played this game, but i would like to build on 'The Warriours' that game was mad crazy back in the day, and still is.
    I would probably create my gangs, and think of more creative ways to murder other gang members/leaders..
    Maybe have it so you can create your own custom gang, and roam streets just doing aload of nothing.
    Or maybe, create it similar to GTA, where you can build the 'warriour' life up, similar as a promotion, like you start as a street rat and work your way up to being a nationwide gang leader, or someshit haha, but that would be cool.

Battle Record
    0-2

id do something similar to you degzy......giant open world MMO.....but in my game you could choose between 1st person and third person view...it would be a shooter and/or hack and slash...whatever u wanted to use.....and physical item in the game world, could be used as a weapon....as far as a story, im not gonna come up with all that.....but yeah...1st/3rd person, giant MMO with EVERYTHING customizable..and FULLY interactable enviroment...and not the "so called" fully interactive environment of Red Faction games and such....i wanna pick up soda cans, rip them in half, then slit a throat with them.....whatever the case may be...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    12-8

Like what you guys said..

I'd want a 100% replication of our world. Every building, every street, every river, every lake, every resturaunt, etc. and it would be a Grand Theft Auto style game, that would take you all over the world. From America, to the jungles of Africa, to Iraq, to Russia, to the Caribbean, up to Iceland, etc. And everything in-game would look exactly like it really does. The game would update along with current disasters in the world. Like during Hurricane Katrina, in the game, that area of Louisiana would be totally fucked.

That shit would be dope.

And you would be able to drive EVERY vehicle. Fly EVERY aircraft. Break into EVERY home. Eat at EVERY restaurant. And you'd be able to use anything to kill/maim someone with.

Obviously if it's just a pen or pencil, it'll take a little longer for you to kill someone with it, but it would be fun as hell.

Battle Record
    26-9
    Awards PS Champion/IE Champion PC HOF PS HOF PS Season champ OM HOF Legendary PC

I'd be interested in something like God of War III and Castlevania... Like, I love the different weapons and the upgrades, but I think the fighting styles could better. Us the all 4 shapes on the Ps3 controller for different types of attacks and from there, you can create combos rather than say, 2 shapes. From there use the D pad more for the little things that are often wasted on with the shape buttons.
    I'd love to do something with mythology still... whether greek or roman. Maybe a mortal that was part of a pietist army and when they were all destroyed, he was the last to live and a particular God bless him. From there it could be him against the imposing forces as well as the Heides or something.
    Fight big bosses, fight on large fields, and at the same time, give some room for hack and slash. Like, I'd love a level where its not about strategy, but say you have 5000 warriors and you want to plow through them to get to the commander... so you just hack and slash the fuck out of all these soldiers to get through.
    Though I like the GofW and castlevania type action game, the fact that the right joystick is useless annoys me. Use it to slightly change camera angles or something.

I dunno... thats what comes to my mind.

You've Earned a Custom Title! Stake Razor's Avatar

A serial killer game. Fully interactable world similar to GTA and Heavy Rain. Maybe a little like Hitman but more dark and proper AI.
    I think I'm Tupac, Biggie Smalls
    Big dick, even bigger balls.

My Doe Flip Like Tae-Kwon Menace II Society's Avatar

Metal Gear Solid..

I would have them remade.. and maybe continue the series with Raiden and introduce a new Solid Snake like character..

I think the game is too epic to end the way it did with Snake..

[YouTube]VTfrbU74TdE[/YouTube]

Battle Record
    26-5

nice idea's spoken

n yeah harmon mgs is way too epic for it to end.....but maybe it was just snakes time...

unless you could reverse the ageing process i dunno how the current snake could continue

think a new character that someway relates to solid snake might have to be created...sure hideo can think of something.

Battle Record
    1-7

i would just make a new halo... one with all the shit that should be in it already all the shit that bungie couldn't come up with without me or maybe a series of games based on sitcoms

A sandwich making game.

Battle Record
    1-7

dont they already have hells kitchen game out

Touch My Beard Extinctor Draconis's Avatar

Open world star wars with more of the jedi outcast gameplay rather than kotor

set in the kotor times. Able to design,upgrade and fly your own ship(don't know why but that's always something i wanted).
    Last edited by Extinctor Draconis; October 18th, 2010 at 01:10 AM
    De Kapitein

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Battle Record
    15-0

Quote Originally Posted by Joke View Post
    A serial killer game. Fully interactable world similar to GTA and Heavy Rain. Maybe a little like Hitman but more dark and proper AI.
    They need to make Dexter a game
    Wu-Tang Forever
    Nothing Was The Same

What's KOTR?

Battle Record
    15-0

Quote Originally Posted by Joke View Post
    What's KOTR?
    he meant KOTOR...knights of the old republic.
    Wu-Tang Forever
    Nothing Was The Same