User Tag List

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: E: Drive help...please

You've Earned a Custom Title! Blitzkrieger's Avatar
    Battle Record
    3-18

E: Drive help...please

Ok, my E: Drive isn't even listed in My Computer anymore. There's D: Drive but E: Drive is my burner...

Is their cords that could be unplugged (it still opens and shuts), could it be somthing I could do on the computer/or physicaly on the computer? Please help.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Fuck you, I post better
    Battle Record
    2-4
    just call up the company that sold you it....and get some directions....worked for my gay 4 bit color problem

edit: since you all love acupuncture....lets discuss..
    Last edited by Jammin' Jobus; May 26th, 2004 at 07:28 PM

Battle Record
    5-17
    ^i thought your post would have been about your acupunture.

You've Earned a Custom Title!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzkrieger
    Ok, my E: Drive isn't even listed in My Computer anymore. There's D: Drive but E: Drive is my burner...

Is their cords that could be unplugged (it still opens and shuts), could it be somthing I could do on the computer/or physicaly on the computer? Please help.
    By now your computer has fucked up twice in one day, time to play catch by yourself with it

Fuck you, I post better
    Battle Record
    2-4
    mY thread jack didnt work before....but now it will.....has anyone here had acupuncture?

keeep 'thread jacking' and you will be banned from EI. -feeble
    Last edited by Richard Parker; May 26th, 2004 at 08:03 PM

Battle Record
    3-18
    lmao

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 50 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sidious
    the IDE cable is most likely unplugged or loose.. open the case and make sure it is aligned right and snug fitted.

Battle Record
    11-5
    Awards 1-2 Punch HW Champion Legendary Member Legendary OM OM HOF SS HW Champion LLL Champion - Award Request Accepted
    Have you set the slave and masters properly? Did you connect the E drive via the D drive?

WORD P e r f e c t !

RESERVOIR GODS

Battle Record
    3-18
    Well, I refreshed both disc drives in "System", then I went to check My Computer, and E: wasnt even there...

but it had problems before that. It wouldnt burn or show that it knew there was a disc in it.

Battle Record
    11-5
    Awards 1-2 Punch HW Champion Legendary Member Legendary OM OM HOF SS HW Champion LLL Champion - Award Request Accepted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzkrieger
    Well, I refreshed both disc drives in "System", then I went to check My Computer, and E: wasnt even there...

but it had problems before that. It wouldnt burn or show that it knew there was a disc in it.
    If its not even showing that its present, then you havent installed it properly.

WORD P e r f e c t !

RESERVOIR GODS

Battle Record
    3-18
    No, ive used it several times before this has happened...I downloaded 4 cd's and I tried to put them on CD's and a pop up came up saying somthing about "Make sure everythings plugged in" or somthing like that...

Battle Record
    3-18
    help....please

Sidious
    i know someone that had this problem with a Dell running XP pro, it was never fixed, we actually had to network their computers, and he would have to use the servers cd rom drives.... so there was no luck.. i would suggest get another drive and plug it in .. and see if it works. If it doesnt than u have a harware problem with your motherboard and you are fucked.

Kalvin
    What OS are you running? I use win2k, but I would assume XP will be similar... try going to Settings -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management and look for Disk Management. See if the cdrom drive is listed. Also check the Device Manager and see if the cdrom appears under DVD/CDROM drives. If it doesn't appear, then it could either be a driver issue or a hardware problem. Reboot the computer and see if the computer knows about the cdrom drive. Some computers have some kind of status reports on boot showing what drives, processors, etc you have installed or you will have to enter the bios and check there. If the bios/status doesn't show the drive anywhere, then it is probably a hardware related problem.... which means you will need to check the cables and jumpers or the drive could be bad.

Do you have Nahlidge?
    Battle Record
    11-6
    Ohhh shit, I just saw a ghost.
    KDotI
    I'm godly

The Rebirth